Hey, guys! I'm just stopping in today to share a card that I made for the challenge at Off The Wall Craftiness! If you haven't had a chance to see this challenge, hop on over and take a look! Here is the inspirational photo this week:
I LOVE these colors and chose to work with Papertrey Ink's berry sorbet, spring moss, and vintage cream.
Here's the card:
I tried out Maile Belles flower that she shared on her blog here. Very cool new technique and a lot of fun! The rest is pretty simple- Polka Dots Basics stamped with spring moss ink on vintage cream cardstock, a strip of vintage cream felt cut with my medium scallop die, and a leaf sprig to accent the flower.
Here's a glimpse of what else I did today.....
This picture does not do it justice.... this is my practice pie for Thanksgiving.... pumpkin cream cheese swirl pie..... amazing...... I'm gonna go have some now!
Recipe: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Pie
1 refrigerated pie crust (I like the Pillsbury one, I take shortcuts wherever possible! It's a good one!)
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp flour
11 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
1 Tbsp milk
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place pie crust in 9-in glass pie plate- I used a deep dish pan. Bake crust 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
3. Beat sugar, flour, and cream cheese on low until smooth.
4. Reserve 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture in small bowl.
5. Add remaining ingredients except milk to mixture. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
6. Pour into crust.
7. Stir milk into reserved cream cheese mixture.
8. Spoon cream cheese mixture over pumpkin mixture and create marble design with a butter knife.
9. Cover edge of crust with 2-3 inches of foil to prevent browning (remove foil last 15 minutes of baking).
10. Bake 35-45 minutes.
11. Cool 30 minutes.
12. Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
This was truly a delicious pie- and not very hard at all! Let me know if you give it a try!
Thanks for stopping by!